Compliance and Import Manager Miami or Pittsburgh
Candidate must have the following:
- 5 years Management experience – Ability to manage teams locally and remotely
- Knowledge of customs regulations related to products imported to the US
- Import logistics experience
- Understanding of PROP65
- Licensed customs broker
- APICS Certification – Supply Chain
- Experience in a Foreign Trade Zone
- Ability to present to senior management
- Knowledge of US product safety regulations
Benefits : Compliance and Import Manager
This is a multi-disciplinary role leading PCNA activities in compliance and import. Serves as the internal expert on issues related to our products, both regulatory and customs, as well as for our import logistics efforts. Directs the North American Compliance and Import teams located in multiple offices across the PCNA organization.
- Direct the PCNA Import and Compliance Teams so that they provide flawless service to our internal and external customers
- Act as primary point of contact for government agencies related to Customs investigation or Product Safety related issues.
- Identify and analyze U.S. Customs regulations applicable to our products, including country of origin markings. Identify applicability of new regulations to existing products.
- Manage PCNA’s Foreign Trade Zone activities
- Identify and analyze state/national/international regulations applicable to the Company’s products and ensure that products are in compliance. State/national/international regulations include, but are not limited to FDA, FCC, Consumer – Product Safety, and applicable individual state regulations (ex. Prop 65 in California). Also responsible for identifying the applicability of new regulations to existing products.
- Consult with attorneys and other individuals as needed regarding the interpretation of these U.S. Customs and other state/national/international regulations that may affect our products and develop plans to implement appropriate organizational/product changes to ensure compliance
- Recommend courses of action to Senior Management regarding compliance-related activities
- Serve as ‘expert’ point of contact for internal and external Compliance related questions and issues.
- Consult with Product Development, and vendors as necessary to ensure products comply with U.S. Customs and other state/national/international regulations.
- Coordinate any necessary testing with internal and external parties to ensure documentation of compliance is in place and defensible, including factory audits for product manufacturers.
- Establish product guidelines and specifications that enable products to meet all applicable regulations.
- Create and implement appropriate internal audit procedures in order to ensure ongoing compliance is maintained.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of a Company-wide Compliance Manual including establishment of a compliance-related communication process to enhance employee awareness of applicable compliance issues. Provide continuing periodic updates on compliance-related topics.
- Determination of U.S. and Canadian Customs Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) numbers for products.
- Manage the annual inbound freight logistics contract Bid for PCNA
- Collaborate with Polyconcept’s Asia based GBS team to ensure that all cargo moves smoothly to the PCNA Business Units.
- Coordinate plant audits of our US facilities and overseas factories as applicable
- Monitor and report on departmental metrics
Check for related jobs here
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10